2017 is off to a wonderful start at the gym! There are some new faces coming in that have done a wonderful job exceeding expectations and showing some discipline by getting in and most importantly, getting after it!
This past month has brought back in some old friends, and introduced me to some new friends that are excited about what fitness could bring to their lives. Below I have listed information regarding some of the training opportunities at Brickhouse Strength!
DEAL OF THE MONTH: 20 Days of Fitness Training for $20! This offer allows new members unlimited access to our scheduled group training classes for 20 days.
To take advantage of this offer, check out our schedule by clicking the following link: Brickhouse Strength Schedule. From there, you can select whatever class you would like to attend, select the 20 Days for $20 option, and you are good to go!
Or, if you have ever used the Mindbody App for scheduling appointments for things like yoga and massage, you can search Brickhouse Strength and schedule your first appointment there!
Sports Performance Program: This program is designed to help your athlete reach their full athletic potential. The training is designed to improve strength, speed, power, agility, and conditioning. I have been fortunate enough to have worked with hundreds of athletes over the course of my coaching career. This program is a culmination of everything that I have done to help these kids reach the highest levels!
Kettlebell Conditioning: The kettlebell is one of the most unique training modalities out there. This type of training has been around for a very long time and I am pumped to be launching this program. You will learn how to perform kettlebell exercises in an environment designed to challenge you both physically and mentally. The kettlebell is a wonderful tool for building up conditioning without having to spend countless hours on a treadmill, track or pounding the pavement.
Functional Strength: This 45 minute session is built off of the movements you do in your everyday life. We will squat, push, pull, carry, and more over the course of 45 minutes. To finish things off, we hit our Finisher of the Week that is designed to not only get you breathing heavy, but burn a little fat in the process!
What I've Been Writing... Brickhouse Strength Gym Culture: This a basic rundown on what we do at the gym, why we do it, and how we do it. For anyone searching for a new gym or looking for more information, this is the place to start!
Should You Workout When You Are Sick: The stomach bug is going around! I got hit with it for a few days and was struggling with low levels of energy. I had a decision to make: Should I workout or take time off? This blog will answer that for you!
What I've Been Reading... I made it my mission to read one book, short story or listen to an audiobook every week for 2017. So far so good! Here is what I read this past month!
1. E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber. This is a good read for those who own a business and are looking for ways to make it run efficiently...without you always having to be there.
2. Rip Van Winkle by Washington Irving. A classic story that I was not familiar with prior. I knew the name but not the story. I am really enjoying these short stories!
3. Making Money in the Fitness Business by Thomas Plummer. If you are in the fitness business, this dense book offers a ton of ideas and solutions to some of the problems you may face in your business.
4. The Year of Living Biblically by AJ Jacobs. Great book, it was one mans year long journey trying to follow the rules of the bible. Such examples include stoning adulterers and not shaving for a year.
5. Grit by Angela Duckworth (audiobook). I plan on buying this one and reading. A great look at what really drives people to succeed and why some of us can work on things for hours while others give up after a few minutes.
6. The All New Complete Speed Training by Lee Taft. This small brochure accompanies a DVD program that I viewed last month.
7. Young Goodman Brown by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Another short story, unfortunately, this one is not my favorite.
Thanks for reading!